Aug 27, 2014
HP announced a worldwide voluntary recall and replacement program in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies for certain AC power cords used with AC adapters shipped with HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook computers, as well as with AC adapters provided with accessories such as docking stations.
These AC power cords were shipped with products and accessories sold from September 2010 through June 2012. The AC power cords have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard. Because these power cords pose a fire and burn hazard to customers, it is extremely important that they are validated on the program website. Customers should immediately cease use of the affected AC power cords.
HP customers affected by this program will be eligible to receive a replacement AC power cord for each verified, recalled AC power cord at no cost.
Note: Not all HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook PCs were sold with an affected power cord. Customers should validate the power cord shipped with their notebook PC or purchased with an accessory, or as a spare.
HP is asking that customers take the following action:
1. Disconnect the PC notebook or accessory AC adapter AC power cord from the wall outlet or mains supply.
2. Check the AC adapter end of the AC power cord for the marking “LS-15” molded into the connector. If you do not have “LS-15” on the connector, the power cord is not affected.
3. Please go to the HP Notebook PC AC
Power Cord Replacement Program website at: http://www.hp.com/support/PowerCordReplacement,
to see if the notebook AC power cord is affected. • The notebooks, AC adapters,
and AC adapter accessories are not affected. Only the power cords are affected.
• Not all of the AC power cords with the “LS-15” mark are affected.
• The validation process may show that the power cord is not affected by this recall.
4. Verified, eligible, power cords will be replaced at no cost to the customer.